Los Altos Trust Administration
Kramer Radin, LLP has a highly qualified team of attorneys and paralegals capable of efficiently handling the administration of any trust, whether the trust involves the simple administration of modest assets to complex trusts involving significant assets and complicated taxation issues.
Trust Administration Lawyers
We advise our clients regarding any issue arising during the administration of a trust, including:
- The duties, powers and fiduciary standards of a trustee;
- Trustee accounting and recordkeeping;
- Investing and managing trust assets;
- Resignation or removal of a trustee;
- Modification, revocation or termination of a trust;
- Creditor’s rights against the trust or beneficiaries;
- Arranging appraisals and business valuations;
- Use of disclaimers and other post-death estate and income savings techniques;
- Subtrust funding;
- Trustee compensation;
- Income taxation of trusts; and
- Gift, generation-skipping transfer tax and estate tax issues.
We work closely with our clients’ tax advisors to ensure the proper preparation and filing of gift tax returns and fiduciary income tax returns.
In addition to providing representation and assistance with trust administration after the death of a settlor, we also provide assistance with trust administration during the lifetime of the settlor, including advising our clients regarding trust management in the event of incapacity.
Mediation and Litigation of Trust Disputes
Our attorneys are experienced litigators, and in the event a dispute arises during the course of the administration of a trust, we offer trust and estate litigation services. Although we strive to avoid litigation, we are prepared to prosecute or defend any trust dispute, including cases involving:
- Will and trust contests;
- Allegations of a breach of fiduciary duty;
- Trust termination and modification proceedings;
- Objections to trust accountings; and
- Lawsuits seeking to remove or substitute a trustee.
For experienced assistance with any trust administration matter, contact Kramer Radin, LLP.