Jean M. Kohler
Jean M. Kohler is an equity Partner at Kramer Radin, LLP. Her practice concentrates on all areas of estate planning and estate and trust administration, including, estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax planning; living trust formation and administration; irrevocable trust planning and administration; wills; powers of attorney; end-of-life planning; and court proceedings for issues related to trusts and estates. Jean frequently represents professional fiduciaries as trustees, executors and agents and has a background in trust and probate litigation, as well as in conservatorship and guardianship matters. Jean is Certified as an Estate Planning, Probate and Trust Law Specialist by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and has been named a Northern California Super Lawyer since 2017.
- Juris Doctor, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1998
- Certified Estate Planning Probate and Trust Law Specialist, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of California, 2003
- State Bar of Wisconsin, 2001
- Silicon Valley Bar Association
- San Mateo County Bar Association
- Palo Alto Community Child Care, past member of Board
- Former Commissioner, Estate Planning Legal Advisory Commission to the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization
- Named as a Northern California Rising Star from 2009 through 2016 by Super Lawyers Magazine
- Selected for Super Lawyers list since 2017 in Northern California
Jean is a frequent speaker on crossover issues related to family law and estate planning matters, and she presents to Stanford Business School students each year in estate planning topics.